Wednesday 8 August 2012

When they fight, i hide under my blanket and play

Although the struggle with this work was to disaggregate the narrative, the story, to use different mediums and modes of experience in a sort of fragmented way to capture the moment, i sort of got too overwhelmed with the idea of relevance.

I could not understand how a personal memory of me playing with my toys while my parents fought was relevant, or could be relevant. in that attempt i tried to juxtapose and play around with these toy sounds and images of war.

in my attempt to make it relevant the work became too general, it could now be about any kid to some extent,
so although on some level its interesting to watch these juxtapositions and how ive played around with image and sound, it did not resonate at a deeper, physical level i thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.