Saturday 11 August 2012

babuji's funeral


When my grandfather passed away three years ago, i decided not to attend his funeral, i figured i had other things to do, and somehow i could not feel what had happened. on the day of the funeral, as it happened in my hometown around 500 kms away, i was overcome with a strange mix of emotions. this installation takes off from this event and is an attempt and understanding my own roots and the relationship i shared with my grandfather.

(the video, was playing on loop on a laptop as a part of the installation)

i tell myself 
its nothing
but a body
lifeless


lying on
a bed
afire

in a barren land
surrounded
by faces
familiar


its a lot more
than i think
i think
i think

smoke rising
in a heavy atmosphere
and my 
eyes burn


from the smoke
im guessing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.