Monday 8 October 2012

death of the physical world



Death of the Physical World

I've been messaging my project partner on and off for several days now, and we've come up with some good ideas. I'm particularly interested in the rise of digital media. As digital media becomes more popular, people tend to push away from physical media.

Kindles aim to replace books. Netflix and Hulu have destroyed businesses like Blockbuster. Music and movies can be purchased online, through itunes, as fewer people buy CDs and DVDs.

Many people, much like myself, have a certain appreciation for physical media. We like to hold the actual media in our hands, but that feeling is disappearing ever so slightly, year by year. I'm very intrigued in exploring the idea of physical media's looming death.

| Recent Photo: "Goodbye, Old Friend."




*
This is a post from  my partner's blog. from now on we'll be using the foggy attic as a joint blog to post our progress and conversations

heres a link to his personal blog as well.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.